Employer Advisory Council
Engage, Network, and Inspire Change in Career Services at The Universities at Shady Grove.
Mission & Purpose
The Career and Internship Services Center has developed an Employer Advisory Council to focus on its collaboration with the regional workforce for workforce development in order to provide meaningful opportunities for the student population at The Universities at Shady Grove (USG).
The objective of the Employer Advisory Council is to enhance the Career Center’s services and strengthen our relationships with employers while creating meaningful opportunities for student engagement. The council will be comprised of representatives from organizations in diverse industry sectors within the Montgomery County region, in addition to Career Center and institutional staff representation from USG.
- Discover: Learn about The Universities at Shady Grove and our unique place in the market
- Connect: Build relationships with other employers to discuss recruiting trends and best practices
- Influence: Shape future services and programs within Career Services and USG
- Enhance: Raise your visibility on campus and strengthen your brand with VIP notification of Career Services programming
- Learn: Hear from well-respected USG staff about higher ed topics, current research, and cutting edge technology
- Understand: Learn about the student labor market as it is developing
- Credit: Get acknowledgement on our Career Center – Employer Advisory Council webpage, including a photo and personal / company bio
Commitment & Responsibilities
- Advise on the design and implementation of best practices and ethical guidelines
- Advise on market and employment trends
- Advise on developing and enhancing programming to impact student and alumni preparedness for the interview process and world of work
- Advise on developing and fostering relationships with hiring organizations to enhance recruiting efforts through programming and on and off campus recruitment efforts
- Advise on developing and fostering relationships with the campus community, particularly faculty and career center staff
- Meetings – twice per year (beginning and conclusion of year) typically one hour in duration with optional programming following