The Universities at Shady Grove Terp Transfer Partnership (USG TTP) is a new transfer access program designed to benefit Montgomery College students who plan to transfer to a University of Maryland, College Park (UMCP) Bachelor's degree program at the Universities at Shady Grove.
Students selected for USG TTP are determined and talented - with a clear vision for their future. USG TTP is offered for the B.S. in Public Health Science from the School of Public Health. There are also USG TTP programs for the Robert H. Smith School of Business, B.S. in Accounting, International Business, Management, and Marketing; B.A. in Communication offered by the College of Arts & Humanities; the B.A. in Criminology and Criminal Justice offered by the College of Behavioral & Social Sciences; and the B.S. in Biological Sciences offered by the College of Computer, Mathematical, & Natural Sciences. Upon successful completion of all USG TTP requirements, students seamlessly transfer to one of these high-demand degree programs at USG.
Take advantage of USG’s modern campus, focused student body, and convenience to home and work with access to exclusive USG TTP benefits:
• Guaranteed admission to top-quality degree program
• Priority advising for classes at MC
• Early access to UMCP academic advising and USG student services
• Two degree credentials – Associate's Degree and Bachelor’s Degree
Who may apply for USG TTP?
Students can enroll in the USG TTP program at any time during their enrollment at Montgomery College, except during their final semester.
In order to be eligible for USG TTP, students must be registered for or have completed gateway courses at MC or equivalent, based on their program of interest:
B.S. Public Health Science – Applicants must have completed or are enrolled in the following three courses and have earned approximately a 2.5 or higher overall GPA:
- BI 107/BIOL 150
- HE 101/HLTH 105 or HE 120/HLTH 160
- AN 101/ANTH 201 or SO 101/SOCY 100
What are the requirements for successful completion of the USG TTP?
After gaining acceptance into USG TTP, students must fulfill these requirements while at MC in order to enroll in their bachelor’s program at USG:
• Earn an Associate’s Degree from MC
• Attend the USG Terp Transfer Partnership Orientation session at USG
• Meet at least once per semester with USG Transfer Access Assistant Director and UMCP Program Director
• Attend at least one USG Center for Academic Success Workshop per year
• Meet with USG Career Counselor prior to completion of Associate’s Degree
• Submit UMCP undergraduate admission application for UMCP degree program at USG
Degree programs participating in USG TTP also require applicants to complete program-specific courses and activities before transferring to their program at USG.
What are the specific admission requirements of USG TTP participants for Public Health Science?
USG Terp Transfer Partnership participants must meet the following requirements for guaranteed access into the B.S. in Public Health Science at USG:
• Earn an Associate’s Degree from MC (A.A. in Health Education recommended)
• Earn a C- or better in the following Gateway courses at MC or other institution’s equivalent:
- AN101/ANTH201 or SO101/SOCY100
- HE101/HLTH105 or HE120/HLTH160
*TTP students with a 3.0 GPA or higher are guaranteed admission to the B.S. in Public Health Science only at USG (contingent upon completion of all TTP requirements). All students with GPAs below a 3.0 are encouraged to apply for transfer admission and priority consideration will be given to TTP students.
How to apply to USG TTP:
1. Submit the USG TTP application
2. Students will be notified of acceptance
We're here to help! Contact USG with any questions.