The Universities at Shady Grove Terp Transfer Partnership (USG TTP) is a transfer access program designed to benefit Montgomery College students who plan to transfer to a University of Maryland, College Park (UMCP) Bachelor's degree program at the Universities at Shady Grove.
Students selected for USG TTP are determined and talented with a clear vision for their future. USG TTP is offered for the B.A. Communication, B.A. Criminology and Criminal Justice, and B.S. Biological Sciences, B.S. Public Health Science, and the Robert H. Smith School of Business undergraduate programs at USG. Upon successful completion of all USG TTP requirements, students seamlessly transfer to one of these high-demand degree programs at USG.
Take advantage of USG’s modern campus, focused student body, and convenience to home and work with access to exclusive USG TTP benefits (vary by program):
- Guaranteed admission to top-quality degree program
- Priority advising for classes at MC
- Early access to UMCP academic advising and USG student services
- Tuition discounts for select UMCP classes
- Two degree credentials – Associate's Degree and Bachelor’s Degree
Who is eligible for USG TTP?
Students can enroll in the USG TTP program at any time during their enrollment at Montgomery College, except during their final semester. In order to be eligible for USG TTP, students must meet specific requirements based on their program of interest:
- B.A. Communication
- B.A. Criminology and Criminal Justice
- B.S. Biological Sciences
- B.S. Public Health Science
- Robert H. Smith School of Business
What are the requirements of USG TTP participants?
After gaining acceptance into USG TTP, students must fulfill these requirements while at MC in order to receive the guaranteed acceptance into their bachelor’s program at USG:
- Earn an Associate’s Degree from MC with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (requirement varies by program)
- Attend the USG Terp Transfer Partnership Orientation session at USG
- Meet at least once per semester with USG Transfer Access Assistant Director and UMCP Program Director
- Attend at least one USG Center for Academic Success Workshop per year
- Meet with USG Career Counselor prior to completion of Associate’s Degree
- Submit UMCP undergraduate admission application for UMCP degree program at USG
USG TTP programs also require participants to complete program-specific courses and activities before transferring to their program at USG. See the requirements for B.A. Communication, B.A. Criminology and Criminal Justice, and B.S. Biological Sciences, B.S. Public Health Science, and the Robert H. Smith School of Business.
How to apply to USG TTP
- Click here to apply online.
- For best consideration submit by June 15th for Fall enrollment or November 15th for Spring enrollment in TTP.
- Selected applicants will be contacted via email.
We're here to help! Contact USG with any questions.
Assistant Director of Transfer Access Programs