The Universities at Shady Grove Terp Transfer Partnership (USG TTP) is a new transfer access program designed to benefit Montgomery College students who plan to transfer to a University of Maryland, College Park (UMCP) Bachelor's degree program at the Universities at Shady Grove.
Students selected for USG TTP are determined and talented with a clear vision for their future. USG TTP is offered for the B.A. Communication, B.A. Criminology and Criminal Justice, and B.S. Biological Sciences programs at USG. Upon successful completion of all USG TTP requirements, students seamlessly transfer to one of these high-demand degree programs at USG.
Take advantage of USG’s modern campus, focused student body, and convenience to home and work with access to exclusive USG TTP benefits:
- Guaranteed admission to top-quality degree program
- Priority advising for classes at MC
- Early access to UMCP academic advising and USG student services
- Tuition discounts for select UMCP classes
- Two degree credentials – Associate's Degree and Bachelor’s Degree
Who is eligible for USG TTP?
Students can enroll in the USG TTP program at any time during their enrollment at Montgomery College, except for their last semester.
In order to be eligible for USG TTP, students must be registered for or have completed gateway courses at MC or equivalent, based on their program of interest:
B.A. Communication - Applicants must be registered for or have completed SP108: Introduction to Human Communication or SP112: Business and Professional Speech Communication
B.A. Criminology and Criminal Justice - Applicants must be registered for or have completed CJ110: Administration of Justice
B.S. Biological Sciences - Applicants must be registered for or have completed BI107: Principles of Biology I and CH101: Principles of Chemistry I
Download the USG TTP application here.
What are the requirements of USG TTP participants?
After gaining acceptance into USG TTP, students must fulfill these requirements while at MC in order to enroll in their bachelor’s program at USG:
- Earn an Associate’s Degree from MC
- Graduate from MC with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Attend the USG Terp Transfer Partnership Orientation session at USG
- Meet at least once per semester with USG Transfer Access Assistant Director and UMCP Program Director
- Attend at least one USG Center for Academic Success Workshop per year
- Meet with USG Career Counselor prior to completion of Associate’s Degree
- Submit UMCP undergraduate admission application for UMCP degree program at USG.
Degree programs participating in USG TTP also require applicants to complete program-specific courses and activities before transferring to their program at USG. See the course requirements for B.A. Communication, B.A. Criminology and Criminal Justice, and B.S. Biological Sciences.
How to apply to USG TTP
- Submit the USG TTP application by June 15, 2013.
- Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.
- Students will be notified of acceptance as early as June 30, 2013
We're here to help! Contact USG with any questions.