USM Regent and former USG Board of Advisors member Cliff Kendall and his wife Camille have generously established three annual awards that recognize faculty, program directors and staff who have performed exceptionally in supporting student success at The Universities at Shady Grove. To support the Kendall's generosity and their recognition of the impact faculty, program directors and staff have on supporting students here at USG, the USG Board of Advisors is establishing the Kendall Excellence in Teaching, the Program Director of the Year and the Outstanding Service to Students Awards.
Each award recipient will receive a substantial cash award. The names and pictures of award recipients will be prominently displayed in the Priddy Library and they will be formally recognized at the Student Achievement and Leadership Breakfast and other events.
Nomination Period: Now through March 15th 2013
Excellence in Teaching Award
Eligibility: Faculty members from participating USM institutions who have taught at The Universities at Shady Grove for at least one academic year.
- Demonstrated commitment to students and student success through the promotion of high academic achievements
- Participates in professional or leadership development with students
- Advances the educational or career goals for all students at USG
To nominate a faculty member, click here
Outstanding Service to Students Award
Eligibility: USG staff members, Program Directors and staff from participating universities with a minimum of two years of service in support of USG. Nominations must be supported or seconded for the Outstanding Service to Students Award.
- Demonstrated commitment to students through high quality support services
- An active participation in student life
- Participates in professional or leadership development goals
To nominate a Staff Member click here
Program Director of the Year
Directors from participating USM institutions who have served the students at The Universities at Shady Grove for at least two (2) years.
- A strong participation in creating a unique
campus environment that is supportive of student success through activities
such as community service and academic achievement
- Advances the educational or career goals of
students through high-level access to the fields’ professional development
opportunities, internships and job placement assistance
- Fosters innovation in programs at USG through
peer development & collaboration, advocacy, and training. Creates strong connections for students to
the main campus
- (if applicable) Being an innovative educator by
promoting high academic achievement in the classroom
To nominate a Program Director click here