The Universities at Shady Grove is comprised of 3 education buildings, four parking lots, and one parking garage.
Building I consists of:
- 300-seat Auditorium used for research presentations, panel discussions, community
- 5 Nursing Labs: OB/Pediatrics Lab, Health Assessment Lab, Simulation Lab,
Fundamentals, and Bateson Simulation Lab
- 1 Pharmacy Lab: Contains a simulation model community pharmacy, a simulation institutional pharmacy, and a patient counseling suite
- 1 Respiratory Therapy Lab
- 1 open computer lab
- 2 computer classrooms
- 3 Interactive Video Networks (IVN) classrooms
- 7 Smart Classrooms
- Pharmacy Faculty Offices
- Nursing Faculty Offices
- Respiratory Therapy Faculty Offices
Building II consists of:
- Ballroom/Multi-Purpose Room: This 8,576 square feet area can be divided into five separate spaces and seats up to 800 people
- 2 Biology Labs
- Center for Health and Homeland Security Offices
- Conference and Events Center
- 1 Construction Management Technology Lab: Includes Computer-Aided Design technology, simulated manufacturing facilities, environmental assessment tools,and material testing equipment
- Copy Center
- Marriott Hospitality Education Center
- 1 Marriott Teaching Kitchen
- 13 Smart Classrooms
- Robert H. Smith School of Business Offices
- UMES Offices
- UMCP Biological Sciences Faculty Offices
Building III consists of:
- Campus Recreation Center: Includes a Workout Room/Fitness Center, a game room, a lounge, and a locker room complete with showers
- Division of Student and Academic Services: Includes the Office of Student Services,Career and Internship Services Center, Center for Academic Success, Center for Counseling and Consultation, and the Center for Recruitment and Transfer Access
- Crockett Teaching Theatre: 120-seat theatre style classroom that includes touchscreen audiovisual controls, ceiling mounted microphones, and a drop down screen with video conferencing capabilities
- USG Center for Veterans
- Green Grove Café
- The Corner Bistro
- 3 Green Roofs
- Office of Information Technology
- Priddy Library
- 1 iMac Lab
- 2 open computer classrooms
- 8 computer classrooms: Includes a High Performance Computing Lab and Laptop Lab
- 4 IVN classrooms
- 30 Smart Classrooms
- 4 Video Teleconference (VTC) Classrooms
- Bowie Offices
- UMCP Offices
- Towson Offices
- USG Staff and Executive Offices
Campus Hours of Operation
USG is open as follows (does not include holiday closures):
(Please note that the schedules are for the three different buildings.)
|Monday-Friday||8:00 AM-11 PM|
|Saturday||8:00 AM-7:00 PM|
|Sunday||8:00 AM-10:00 PM|
|Monday-Friday||7:00 AM-11:00 PM|
|Saturday||8:00 AM-7:00 PM|
|Sunday||8:00 AM-6:00 PM|
|Monday-Friday||8:00 AM-12:00 AM|
|Saturday||8:00 AM-12:00 AM|
|Sunday||8:00 AM-12:00 AM|
*The Priddy Library in Building III offers "Night Owl Hours" for any current USG students. You must have a current USG ID to be able to use the library during these hours. The Fall 2014 Night Owl Hours schedule will run from September 14, 2014-December 18,2014. During these months, Night Owl Hours will run from 10:00 p.m.-2:00 a.m.
Please note that the Night Owl Hours schedule above does not include holiday hours and closures. Please visit the Priddy Library Holiday Schedule for more details
Campus Recreation Center (CRC)
The Campus Recreation Center provides students, staff, and faculty at the Universities at Shady Grove everything needed to maintain a healthy, fun lifestyle at an affordable price. A variety of state-of the-art equipment, along with an assortment of aerobic/cardio classes, makes the CRC a great place to give users a complete workout.
Professional printing and copying services are offered on campus. All requests should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 301.738.6308. For further information, please the Copy Center at 301.738.6308.
We are excited to announce that Enrique Saavedra and Gretchen Hoffman joined the Green Grove Café, respectively, as the new Head Chef and General Manager.
Lounges with vending machines and microwaves are located on the second floor of both buildings.
USG has three parking lots. Parking is restricted to these designated sites, but permits are not required except for carpool and fuel efficient vehicle spaces. Please visit Parking for details on how to obtain a permit. Please do not park along the street.
Each of the parking lots and paxrking garage contains a varying number of
standard parking spaces (SP), handicap parking spaces (HS), motorcycle spaces (MS),
fuel efficient vehicle (FEV) spaces, and carpool spaces (CS).
|Parking Lot #/Garage||SP||HS
In addition, there is one electric vehicle charging station located in Lot 5.
Contracted guard service is provided 24/7 in each building. In addition to unlocking classrooms, guards are available to escort students and faculty to their vehicles or to assist with security problems. A closed circuit security system is also utilized at USG. The security station is located in SG III, main entrance lobby, or by phone at (cell) 301.738-6065 (SG III Lobby).