The Center for Academic Success serves as the Disability Support Services office at Universities at Shady Grove. CAS provides test proctoring services and can act as a liaison between students at USG and their home campus, as well as between students and their professors. All students who require support for learning disabilities should get in contact with CAS (email or call 301-738-6315) to make sure they are properly registered to receive accommodations and understand the accommodations process at USG.
To request accommodations at USG
1) Coordinate with the disability support office at your home campus to register for accomodations and get an official accommodations letter on file. If you
are not registered for testing accommodations at your home campus, CAS cannot provide test proctoring services.
2) Once registered with your home campus, schedule
a meeting with the DSS coordinator in CAS to drop off a copy of your accommodations letter, review your accommodations, and familiarize yourself with our procedures.
to request a Test Proctoring appointment with CAS
Submit an online Test Request Form. Once this form is submitted, both your professor and CAS will be notified. You will also recieve an email confirming your test request (Note that students are required to )
1) You must submit your request at least 7 days before the date of the exam. It is essential that CAS receive advance notice in order to schedule needed rooms and staff for scribing, reading, and supervising.
2) You must submit a seperate Test Request Form for every exam you take at CAS.
3) Test proctoring is available during regular business hours, Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm. Those students whose classes meet outside our hours should make arrangements with us and the instructor to have CAS administer the test during our regular hours.
Test proctoring policies
Penalty for lateness: We recommend all students arrive 5-10 minutes
before the time their test proctoring appointment is scheduled to begin. When
students arrive late for a test that CAS is proctoring, the minutes they are
late will be subtracted from their total time allowed for the exam.
Items prohibited in the testing room: Food and Drinks, Cell phones, Laptops, Ipads, Bluetooth device, Backpacks, Purses, and other personal items.