Steve Purcell was a founding member of the USG Green Committee and a program coordinator for the University of Baltimore. He served as an active and dedicated committee member from 2007-2009.
The USG Green Committee developed this award program to recognize sustainability promotion at USG on the part of staff, faculty, and partner organizations. Submit your own nomination for a qualifying staff or faculty member in recognition of their personal "green" initiatives. Nominations can be submitted on the Steve Purcell Nomination page.
2012 Steve Purcell Sustainability Award Winners
Who is eligible?
- Award can be given to any staff or faculty member except for members of the USG Green Committee.
- Staff members can be a contingent employee, graduate student, or graduate assistant.
- Staff members of affiliated organizations (i.e., Bon Appetít Management Company, Barnes & Noble, Capitol Maintenance) are eligible.
Nominees must meet one of the following criteria:
- They engage in and promote activities that support conservation and/or eco-friendliness at USG and/or in the wider community. (Ex: energy conservation, recycling, natural resource improvements, waste reduction, pollution prevention, or community outreach programs.)
- They go “above and beyond” to enhance or improve existing sustainability programs on the USG campus.